Hi! How are you? I hope you’re having a nice day.
Have you ever met anyone who doesn’t want a long, lean, strong core? I know I haven’t. People are drawn to Pilates to attain that elusive beautiful midsection. Usually esthetics is behind the desire. I used to focus a lot more on what I look like. Slowly over the years as I continue to teach Pilates (one of my greatest passions), study functional anatomy, and tackle various fitness endeavors, the desire to look perfect has slipped away. Having a beautiful midsection is nice, but it’s only the tip of the iceberg.
I think that when we have a strong core, we walk through life differently. We gain confidence and ease of movement. We develop resilience against common chronic injuries that develop from poor movement patterns. We also tune into our gut. I feel that our ‘gut instinct’ is full of truth and a heck of a lot of wisdom. So I think training your core is vital to living your best life. But guess what? It doesn’t train itself, and that’s why a 10 minute daily ab routine is a must.
There’s no doubt about it. If you do the work, you’ll get the results. Here are some of the results that you’ll likely enjoy if you do the Pilates daily ab routine (more on that to follow). It takes only 5-10 minutes a day and it will CHANGE. YOUR. LIFE. Strong abs are where it’s at!
- Your stomach will get flatter.
- Your abs will get more toned.
- Your low back pain will subside.
- You will perform movements with more ease.
- You will start automatically tightening your abdominal wall when lifting objects.
- Your neck and shoulder pain will subside.
- You will start feeling and looking taller.
- You will feel the Pilates work deeper. You will start truly ‘getting it’. Deeper work leads to even better results.
Ciao for now. Exercises coming right up.
Have a wonderful day!